There is no right or wrong times when you should seek counselling. Counselling is not limited to only serious mental illness or major depression. People benefit from speaking with a professionally trained mental health counselor for a variety of issues.
Counselling does not have to be long term. We are trained in brief therapies that can last as few as 4-6 sessions - your therapist will work with you to determine the optimal number of session and timing.
If you are finding that you are not happy, or are losing hope and need a safe place to explore your feelings and thoughts - counselling can help. You can always speak to a therapist to discuss your concerns and see how we might be of help, there is no obligations to make an appointment.
How do I know it’s time to get help?
People often consider therapy under the following circumstances:
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, weight loss or gain
- Changes in significant relationships or loss of contact with friends and family
- Impairment in your ability to function at home, work, or school
- You do not feel you are getting better
- You are not able to find solutions to your problems
- Your behaviors are harmful to yourself or others
- A sense of hopelessness and helplessness