There is no right or wrong times when you should seek individual counselling or marriage counselling. Individual Counselling or marriage counselling is not limited to only serious mental illness or major depression. People benefit from speaking with a professionally trained mental health counselor for a variety of issues.
Individual Counselling and Marriage Counselling does not have to be long term. We are trained in brief therapies that can last as few as 4-6 sessions - your therapist will work with you to determine the optimal number of session and timing.
If you are finding that you are not happy, or are losing hope and need a safe place to explore your feelings and thoughts - counselling can help. You can always speak to a therapist to discuss your concerns and see how we might be of help, there is no obligations to make an appointment.
How do I know it’s time to get help?
People often consider individual counselling or marriage counselling under the following circumstances:
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, weight loss or gain
- Changes in significant relationships or loss of contact with friends and family
- Impairment in your ability to function at home, work, or school
- You do not feel you are getting better
- You are not able to find solutions to your problems
- Your behaviors are harmful to yourself or others
- A sense of hopelessness and helplessness